1. new Firmware for S42B V1.1
- set mode: seconds (yeah seconds also supported now!), minutes, hours+minutes
- shows status in display at back of stepper motor with time, date angle, and more.
- offline mode: set time+date directly at motor
- online mode: gets NTP time once in a minute from internet so it will be always in exact time
- Hotspot mode, select AP
- responsible web interface, (using async webserver btw.)
- show motor status
- I also implemented several serial commands
- get NTP time and broadcast it to stepper motor via serial
- 5 buttons in web interface: 4 for clock hand directions and start clock
- 4 more buttons for setting the mode here: hours+minutes, minutes or seconds and "crazy"
- mechanical design in Fusion 360 also finished now
- it uses only a few printed parts and is very easy to print: one for minute axis, one for mounting and ball bearings top. for magnetic encoder two small parts.
- prototypes tested, found two major issues. This are also solved now and final test was successful
The assembly of clockwork is very(!) easy and can be made within a few minutes from a beginner. The most difficult part is a 5 wire ESP-01 dupont cable but no soldering needed. Also the custom firmware has to be flushed on stepper motor board which is also a bit fiddly.