A project developed during the UK 2020/2021 Christmas lockdown to drive IPM motors salvaged from scrap EV's.
Intended to be fitted to a 100kW electric superbike .
Full electronics and firmware as well as a GUI for configuration and data logging developed from scratch by PX prototypes.
• Designed to drive a water cooled Infineon FS400R07A1E3 HybridPACK1 IGBT module
• Isolated current sensing
• Isolated phase and DC bus voltage sensing
• PCB clearances for 500VDC supply (with top and bottom conformal coating
• Isolated switching PSU for gate drives
• IGBT gates driven at ~9A for fast switching
• Interfaces directly to an incremental encoder for motor angle sensing
• Interfaces to a resolver via external I2C interface
• FOC implemented on a PSOC5 micro
• CAN Bus
• UART for configuration
• Loads of spare IO and processor time