Here are some of the hardware features:
- 3 channel monitoring, with one of the channels having a "USB C to USB A" power monitor (for monitoring a usb device charging for example)
- ESP32 C3 Mini powered, makes it easy to program and interface with
- USB C interface for programming and power
- Micro SD card support for saving logging data (useful for solar power monitoring projects for example)
- Battey support. Contains all necessary components for safe operation on 3.7V battery (overcurrent, over/under charge, LDO for 3.3V).
- TFT Display and buttons for programable interface. This allows the device to be used without needing a serial connection to a laptop in order to read values.
I am writing the software myself in ArduinoIDE and although the final version is not ready yet. here are some of the software features i'd like it to have:
- Easy to use menu to enable/disable channels, set sampling rates, etc.
- The possibility to use 2 channels together to monitor efficiency of devices (for example monitor the input and output of a 5v boost converter)
- Record accurate date/time and values to a microSD card for later review
- Monitor battery level of the power logger itself and alert when low (maybe send an email or MQTT notification)
- Monitor voltage and current levels on any of the 3 channels and send notifications
- Display a bar graph instead of instant values for the past 1/5/15 min