VIMANA - STEM for ALL - All project Design files are maintained at VIMANA Github Repo here..
VIMANA Basic Setup Demonstration Video : Following video shows basic setup and introduction of Vimana Platform
Background / Need of Project :
As we all know during challenging period of COVID lock down, Kids spent most of their time in front of flat screen (Computer/Tablet/Smartphone) for purpose of education as well as for social communication and entertainment and today addicted to the flat screen. While smartphones can provide many benefits for kids, such as educational apps and communication with parents and friends, there are also some disadvantages to consider.
- Screen time: Excessive screen time can have negative effects on a child's physical and mental health, including obesity, poor sleep, and behavioral issues.
- Addiction: Smartphones can be addictive, and kids may become overly reliant on them for entertainment and social interaction. This can lead to problems with attention, motivation, and self-control.
- Social and emotional problems: Kids who are addicted to their smartphones may become isolated from their peers and family members, which can lead to social and emotional problems such as anxiety, depression, and low self-esteem. They may also struggle with communication and social skills, as well as problem-solving and critical thinking abilities.
- Academic problems: Kids who spend a lot of time on their smartphones may struggle with academic performance due to decreased focus and attention span. They may also be more likely to engage in procrastination and time-wasting behaviors.
Considering above, I decided to build something opensource and affordable that can be useful for STEM/STEAM education and at same time improve physical and mental health and keep kids busy by learning, making and breaking without snatching Smartphone from their hands. To achieve this Aeromodelling is a best way, where kids can build micro airplane and fly it and of course crash it too :)
Aeromodelling can be a great tool for teaching STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) concepts to kids.
Here are some ways in which Aeromodelling can be used in STEM education:
- Physics principles: It involves understanding the principles of physics, such as lift, drag, and gravity. By building and testing model airplanes, kids can learn about these concepts in a hands-on way.
- Math skills: It also involves math skills, such as measuring and calculating the weight, balance, and aerodynamics of a model airplane. Kids can use math concepts to design and modify their airplanes, as well as to analyze the results of their tests.
- Engineering design: Building a model airplane requires engineering skills, such as designing and constructing the frame, wings, and propulsion system. kids can use these skills to create their own airplane designs, as well as to troubleshoot and improve their designs.
- Aerodynamics: Understanding the principles of aerodynamics is essential to design and build aircraft that can fly successfully. This includes learning about lift, drag, thrust, and weight, as well as the various factors that affect an aircraft's flight characteristics.
- Materials: Knowing which materials to use and how to work with them is critical in aeromodelling. You will need to learn about different types of wood, plastics, composites, and other materials that are commonly used in model aircraft construction.
- Construction techniques: Aeromodelling requires a high level of precision and attention to detail. You will need to learn about various construction techniques, such as cutting, sanding, gluing, and painting, to ensure that your aircraft is built to the highest standards.
- Radio control systems: flying radio-controlled model aircraft, you will need to learn about the various components of a radio control system, including the transmitter, receiver, servos, and batteries.
- Flight dynamics: Understanding...