Step 1: Get the CortanaRoom app.
The CortanaRoom Application can be found on my git hub with this link.
There are two files on the git hub page called compiled and project.
If you do not want to make changes to the code
If you don't want to make any changes to the code and just run the application you can download the compiled version in the map compiled. In that folder there are 2 versions of the CortanaRoom application. The one version is for official or very good fake arduinos. The other version is for fake arduino clones with the ch340 driver. If you are not sure that you have one of these arduinos follow the steps below.
Connect the arduino then
1. windows key + x and select device manager
2. go to ports
3. right click your device and select properties
4. go to the details tab
5. in the property selection area click hardware lds now you will see your VID and PID
A clone with the ch340 driver should give "VID_1A86", "PID_7523"
A official Arduino should give "VID_2341", "PID_0043"
If one of these above cases is correct you can just download the appropriate version for you arduino. And then install the application with these steps.
1. Open the downloaded file and go to your arduino version(fake or original)
2. go to compiled>fake arduino/ Original arduino
3. right click Add-AppDevPackage and click open with powershell
4. follow the instructions and you are done.
If you do not have any of these cases you must follow the steps below.
If you want to make changes to the code
You first need to install visual studio 2015 or higher(lower may work not tested). Visual studio can be downloaded from here.https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/
You also have to install the UWP SDK to run the project. When you open the project Visual Studio will automatically download these for you (but this may take some time). You also have to install the microsoft remote arduino library. to do this follow the steps on this website.
After everything is finished and you are in Visual Studio go to step 2.