- insert cam jig into front of cam gear, using the 3 pins to align the jig.
- use a 3/16th or 11/64th drill bit to mark the center of the expected exit of the hole. use the hole marked front.
- remove the jig and reinstall in the rear of the cam gear. using the same bit, align and drill the hole, go slow, and use oil.
- as the main bore breaks the surface, you can check that the predicted center matches the actual bore.
- remove the jig, and test fit. at this point the cam should not slip directly onto the gear. the hole will have to be refined with a file or a 13/64ths bit to actually accommodate the alignment pin.
- refine the hole by using a larger bit to chamfer the edge on the rear of the gear.
- install in the car!