09/26/2018 at 10:30 •
We had a great year for esp-rfid since this HackADay project page created, there is now an open-source hardware to solve almost every access control problem out there also the Web UI is completely refactored for touch screens and better User Experience, you do not need to be a tech savvy to configure it.
Since day 1 the esp-rfid is a complete stand-alone access control solution, no need additional devices or services to work, even an Internet connection is not mandatory.
Give it a try and tell what you think about it.
Kind regards. ÖŞB
07/31/2017 at 20:13 •
Write some user data on File System worth:
- 100 seperate "userfile"
- random 4 Bytes long UID and
- "Test Name Test Surname Label" as User Name and
- each have access status integer "1" or "0".
Total 4,284 Bytes
At least 100 unique User (RFID Tag) can be handled, the test were performed on WeMos D1 mini.
07/31/2017 at 20:09 •
[0.1a] - 2017-07-14
- Now you can select Wi-Fi mode.
- Some fixes (features) were not included in previous release
- NTPClient wastes CPU time when device is in AP mode. (probably tries to force update time)
[0.1] - 2017-07-12 - :hurray: We hit the 0.1!
- Relay Module configuration in Settings Page (You need to make sure how the relay module reacts when device is restarting or on power-on, make changes accordingly). I may try to make it more universal, but for now it's up to you.
- Relay Test Button
- Ability to Add known PICC to User List (useful to add new PICC to device when device is already deployed)
- Maintaining RST pin for MFRC522 hardware is removed. MFRC522 library now supports for soft-reset, we do not need hardware reset anymore this frees a GPIO from MCU. (suggested by @farthinder #6 https://github.com/omersiar/esp-rfid/issues/6)
[0.1rc2] - 2017-07-10 - Release Candidate
- User List table now automaticly sorted by Name
- Click on an any element on User List to edit via Add / Update User
- User List actions are instantly happens on the ESP hardware.
- Run a test where 100 seperate User can be handled (see https://github.com/omersiar/esp-rfid#tests)
[0.1rc1] - 2017-07-05 - Release Candidate
- Simple Firmware Update from settings page
- SPIFFS Update from settings page
- Now you can define a user name (or any label) for each PICC
- Now each PICC can be individually configured for access (before this, every known PICC had an access)
- Logging In Authorization is now done via Async XMR Request. Browsers does not complain about it being synchronous anymore. (Tested with Chrome and Firefox)
- Inform web user while pages are loading https://www.nngroup.com/articles/response-times-3-important-limits/
- Configuration rutine
- Seperate settings page and Users specific page
- Appending ChipID to hostmane
[0.0.3] - 2017-06-22
- RFID Hardware Pin and Gain settings via Web
- New WebSocket commands and better command scheme
- can not fallback to AP Mode if configuration file is missing/corrupt
- Refactor settings page
- Refactor Fall Back to AP Mode behaviour
- Rafactor configuration file structure
- Web page files now have support for mobile devices and as well as PCs
- Jumbotron CSS
[0.0.2] - 2017-06-10
- 'Settings' Menu - (and some snippets)
- Wi-Fi Client Settings can now be configured via Web
- STA - AP Mode behaviour is improved
- Minor changes
[0.0.1] - 2017-05-10
- Initial public upload
- Code is now heavily commented