What makes it special?
Thanks to the digital isolator MAX12931BASA+ the computer and your target board are electrically isolated. The noise coming from your computer doesn't enter in your target board. This can be useful if you are working with sensible analog circuit. Useful when your target project is not connected to ground. The voltage level of TX and RX are the same of your target board. This means that it doesn't matter if your board is working at 5V or 3.3V or 1.8V !! The logic levels are always correct.
We prepared a photo where there are our three different product, Debug Board Splittable Isolator (on the left), Debug Board Isolator (in the middile), Debug Board with Voltage Translator (on the right):
The technical features are as following:
- FTDI FT230X: baud rates of 300 baud to 3 Mbaud
- Compatible with Windows, Linux and MAC
- Size of 45 x 13mm.
- 4mm isolation between the two sides guarantee an electrical isolation up to 1kV
- Working at 1.8V up to 5V.
- TX and RX LEDs indicators.
- Micro USB connector.
- Standard 2.54mm 4 pins female header.
- Protected by a transparent heat shrink sleeve.
- Possibility to replace the digital isolator part.
The Isolator Board:
This is the replacement of the digital isolator for Debug Board USB to UART Isolated based on MAX12931.
You can also use for other projects like a breakout boards.
The board contains the digital isolator MAX12931BASA+
The connectors are standard 2.54mm 4 pins female and male header.
These products are available in our Tindie Store: