I am testing and creating new devices with Audio Interfaces like their primarily interfaces. This type of devices are not only useful for Blind people or people with some sort of Visual impairment, but also for a person who cannot see the visual content in that Moment.
I use the Metro (underground tube) every day in my City (Santiago, Chile) . A lot of people use it (really, a lot) and can be very uncomfortable at mornings to use apps like Memrise or Duolingo, because you simply don't have enough space to see your phone.
My native language is Spanish and I am learning English and German. One approach to practice both languages at the same time, is to try to learn one trough the other (using English like the base language), so the devices has words in English an the German translations.
How it works?
- It has a pre-loaded number of words in English and German
- Choose a random word from the list to practice
- It says 2 times the word in English
- Every position of the Joystick is a different word, one of them is the right one
- You can hear the times that you want every pronunciation
- To confirm the right pronunciation in German click the button in the joystick