1. Download Noobs to the Micro SD card
2. Hook up your usb keyboard mouse combo via adapter to your raspberry zero along with the HDMI and power cable.
3. Select OSMC for OS selection, you'll need to be connected to the internet to see it.
4. Setup the basic location settings, configure wifi.
5. Install Kodi add-on's. There are some that you can install that are in the default library. Or do what I did and check online to see what available, sometimes the services go offline. I just did a quick google search and found this site, http://www.wirelesshack.org/top-best-working-kodi-video-add-ons.html. You're going to need to follow the directions and would advise you keep the keyboard plugged in until you got all your add-on's installed.
6. Load up your thumb drive with some shows, movies, video clips...
7. On your mobile device, find and install a Kodi remote. I found "Kore, Official Remote for Kodi" in Google Play store. Configure it for your raspberry pi. Interestingly enough it worked with my Samsung TV's remote and had a list of other compatible remotes so you don't have to rely just on your phone.
8. Swap out the keyboard for your USB drive.
9. Mount it somewhere and your all done.