The idea is simple. Write a custom firmware that allows to communicate with many BLE enabled sensors and shows live values on a watch screen.
This project is divided into six phases:
- Phase 1: find out and document watch pinout so it will be possible to communicate with screen, accelerometer and a flash memory from a custom firmware. DONE
- Phase 2: write a custom firmware that will print sample text on a screen and expose a BLE service. Firmware will be flashed using SWD connector. DONE
- Phase 3: make it possible to upload a custom firmware using OTA. This will save the waterproof case from destruction. DONE
- Phase 4: update softdevice to the newest version (S110 8.0.0). Add possibility to switch to S120 2.0.0 softdevice. DONE
- Phase 5: create a "terminal" firmware that allows to control what is displayed on a watch from an android/iOS app. DONE
- Phase 6: create a "standalone" firmware using S120 softdevice that can connect to external sensors (HRS, CSCS etc) without a phone. IN PROGRESS
- possibility to upload multiple watchfaces/applications
- support for country specific characters in user fonts
Some instructions can be found here: http://ossw.github.io/
Current version: 0.4.1
Beta testers group
If you like this idea and want to support my work please donate HERE. Thanks!