All of the components can be bought on ebay and are very cheap. The basis of the power supply is a prebuilt breadboard power supply. I modify the board to make it a little easier to hookup. The result is a power supply that can powered from a variety of sources (Plug pack - USB Charger - USB Power Bank etc etc)
The breadboard PSU has these Inputs
- 1* Round 12v input 5.5mm*2.1mm
- 1* USB input
- 6 Outputs configurable for 3.3v or 5v
* with a minor mod you can also tap into the 12v if you are using that input.
1. Desolder the existing output pins.
2. cut the header to length
3. Install Right angle header pins
4. Make up your Power Supply leads
5. And you are all done!