I had originally set out to simply add a few terminal posts to an existing ATX PSU, however, having searched around for various tutorials, and having done much reading I decided to take it a step further, and thought it would be pretty neat to utilize as many of the features as possible.
This PSU features custom laser cut perspex front and rear panels (the only 'non standard') item in the build).
I used DC-DC converters to power the panel meters from the 12V line on a custom PCB.
A 12V variable section was added for those times when you just need to test something quickly.
I have used 2 x 60mm fans mounted in the rear panel to replace the 120mm fan that came with the original PSU as it was 2mm (yes, just 2mm) too tall to fit inside the case.
This is my first major (ish) project having tinkered with Arduinos for a few months, and not knowing much about electronics in general. I guess this was somewhat of a baptism of fire.