What makes it special?
Cactus Micro is tiny size Arduino compatible dev board. It's built-in a esp8266 module (esp-03).Features
- Built-in ESP8266 WIFI module
- ATmega32U4 running at 3.3V/8MHz
- Supported under Arduino IDE 1.0.6
- On-Board micro-USB connector for programming
- 4 x 10-bit ADC pins
- 12 x Digital I/Os (5 are PWM capable)
- Rx and Tx Hardware Serial Connections
Open Arduino IDE and choose board "LilyPad USB" to start playing with your Cactus Micro in just a few easy steps.How it works
- The ESP8266 chip communicates with ATMega32U4 through the hardware serial port Serial1.
- The pin 13 is connected to pin CH_PD of ESP8266. Put the pin 13 high to enable ESP8266 chip.
I love this - I've recently been gaining great interest in both the ESP8266 boards and the ATMega 32u4-based Arduinos. Mixing the two was always going to make my wishlist!!
I'll definitely have to purchase one when I get some loose change together :-)