I have just finished design and testing of my own attempt at making a low-cost FPGA development board with 3.3V Arduino® shield compatibility.
Basically, FleaFPGA Uno is an Arduino®-compatible board with the following features:
- Lattice MachXO2-7000 FPGA with on-board JTAG and serial via microUSB
- Digital Video out.
- Configurable PS2 or USB host interface.
- 512KByte fast SRAM (Expandable to 2MByte)
- 16MByte user SPI Flash ROM
- Composite analog video and stereo audio (AV) out.
- Six high-speed ADC and also 16 x Digital GPIO.
- (optional) WIFI interface.
My main motivations for designing this board were:
1.) To create a hardware solution that was a huge step up from previous offerings both in terms of capability and flexibility
2.) As a platform for my own Sweet32 CPU as posted on opencores.org. I need to update my Sweet32 project page as it now includes C compiler tool chain as well as emulator support. More details to follow in a separate project page (coming soon).
I plan on doing a small pre-production build of boards very shortly. More details to follow. Please keep an eye out for further updates to this project and thanks for reading! :-)
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: Arduino is a registered trademark of its respective owners. My project is not affiliated with them in any way.