The widely available, individually addressable WS2812 strips, and analog 5050 RGB LED strips are the main focus of this project. The device is able to individually control multiple WS2812 strip segments, and a single 12 volt RGB LED strip. It can be commanded by an IR remote control and by the host computer over USB serial with a CP2102, while an ATmega328P runs the whole operation. While this project is being tested on a layout meant for a Corsair 760T, it is designed to be completely customizable and adaptable regardless of computer case. Heck, you don't even have to put this thing inside a computer. As long as you have a way to power and control, you're good.
- Individual control of multiple WS2812 strip segments
- Control of a single, large 12 volt 5050 RGB LED strip
- Fully customizable LED strip layout
- Control over IR and USB serial
- Built-in lighting and animation presets, host computer program is optional (after initial setup)
- Powered directly by the computer's PSU with a molex compatible connector