In short, this device will automate the traditional passenger counting system.
Image processing will be used via a camera to detect people and count the number of passengers, i.e, on trains/buses.
Later, face detection and temperature reading with infrared would be added as new features.
This can be used for:
- Monitoring the density of passengers inside public transportation
- Real-time counting
- Collecting information regarding when people gets in or out during their journey
The future visions:
- Face emotion identification to early detect if there's some random "bad guys"
- CCTV's infrared to detect human body's temperatures and give alert if there is an emergency situation
- To improve the tracking feature, combined with GPS, the device will also collect information regarding where people gets in or out
YOUR LIKE MEANS A LOT TO US! It will help us to build our first prototype! Thanks!