- 21 high brightness RGB LEDs.
- 6 DOF Accelerometer and Gyro for speed and position detection.
- 72MHz ARM M0 processor with 20kB of ram and 68kB of flash.
- USB interface with Lithium battery charging circuit.
- Bluetooth LE radio for remote control.
- General Purpose Digital and analog IO for interfacing sensors and whatever other circuits you may dream up.
- uSD memory card interface for storing animations and effects.
- Daisy chain-able to enable construction of arbitrarily sized POV display.
- Open source
Here's a professionally produced back of the envelope block diagram:
Schematic and PCB prints:
This is a very crude first software release. Mostly a jumble of test routines. It estimates the z axis angle based on gyro and accelerometer data and displays a bitmap one line per degree.