References and inspiration
- RC2014 - Where this all started for me.
- OMEGA MSX kit. Demonstrates that its possible to build a compatible MSX2 system, using off the shelf components with a few ebay purchases. The published designs are a great implementation reference.
- Artemisa MSX Computer System. A MSX kit using discrete component.
- MSX Technical Data book.
- Each board to operate independantly.
- Each board to operate on a standard RC2014 platform - with appropriate RomWBW HBIOS support.
- Board sizes will need to be kept small enough to ensure PCB manufacturing costs are manageable.
- Figure out how to add Floppy and HDD interfaces - can we just use the existing kits available?
- Graphics: v9958 with full 192K of RAM
- ROM/RAM Board(s) - Support for MSX Rom images and lots of RAM
- YM2149 Based Sound chip and Joystick connectors
- RP5C01 Based RTC
- Full size keyboard
- Support for 2 Cartridge Slot expansions (a new backplane perhaps)
- Optional - cassette interface - because retro!