The ShopArm is a 3D printed trainable robot arm. Its primary controller is an Arduino Mega. The custom software for the ShopArm can run on Wondows or Linux Systems.
The current interface allows training using the traditional GUI, speech-recognition, or a vision system which we call "Shadow." The shadow feature allows the robot to track the motions of the user using just a webcam.
The ShopArm is currently on Kickstarter
- DOF - 4
- Weight - 6 lbs
- Payload - 0.6 lbs
- Motors - Nema 17 Geared Stepper
- Position Repeatability - 0.5 mm
- Materials: PLA and Aluminum
- Power Supply - 12 V 5A DC
- Gripper - 3D printed Micro-servo Actuated
- Rotation Range - 360 Degrees
- Controller - Arduino Mega
- Communication - UART
- Software: Graphical waypoint control, visual tracking, speech