Femto is a ultra compact RP2040 module, which has features, as following:
- small footprint 12x12mm,
- all 30 GPIO pins connected,
- stamp form factor,
- 4-layer PCB board,
- onboard: QSPI Flash (USON8 package), 12MHz oscillator, PWR LED,
- fully open source project (OSHW),
- Kicad and Altium Designer files.
The main goal and reason to create this project was attempt to design smallest as possible, and fully functional RP2040 module. Please note, that RP2040 MCU nas 7x7mm package, and Femto module has only a bit more, 12x12mm. In comparision, closer competitiors, such as Raspberry Pi Pico or Stamp Solder RP2040 Party have appropriately 51x21mm and 25x25mm.
The project consists of 3 parts:
- module (mainboard),
- frame (solder frame),
- tester (testbench, only for functional verification).