Inspired by the OpenMV and Pixie cam as well as my desire to broaden my horizons and learn the hardware of the Zync 7000 FPAG+SoC. The goal is to combine native OpenCV running on a linux operating system with some CV algorithms running in the FPGA hardware.
The entire design is open source under the CERN open hardware licesnes. The whole thing is being developed using the nightly build of KiCAD!
Specs as follows:
- Xilinx XC7Z010-1CLG225C Dual Core ARM Cortex A9 667MHZ + Artix 7 FPGA 28K Cells
- OV7725 VGA Camera Module
- Micron LDDR2 Memory Module
- USB 2.0 Connectivity
- ESP8285 WiFI SoC for wireless operation
- GPIO headers for addons and hacking
- Onboard DCDC regulators for all voltages with enough current for accessories and hacking
Enjoy this project?