(This list is mirrored from roadmap.md in the GitHub repository)
- Display time remaining in each tank
- Switch active tank.
Fuel can be drained from one tank at a time or both tanks simultaneously. The user selects the tanks that are currently selected in the aircraft, which causes those tank's endurance timers to count down (with time divided across multiple tanks if cross-feeding is in use.)
- Pre-flight programming state allowing at least configuration of time in each tank
- Start flight action
- End flight action (to prevent warning features tripping)
- Display elapsed flight time
- Display elapsed time on current tank
- Indicator light when near and at fuel change time. Blinking light when in reserve time.
- Show elapsed time vs. reserve time vs. total remaining time
- Show in reserve time differently visually (more urgent)
- Display flight start time
- Allow pausing a flight and adding time to tanks
- Protect against accidental changes to tank quantity
- Automatic fuel balancing - alter user configured fuel change time in flight to balance fuel in tanks.
- Sleep between updates to save power? We only need to be awake to update the screen every few seconds during a flight.
- Alert sound loud enough to be heard in the cockpit:
- short chirp to indicate it's time to switch tanks, or time is overdue
- a more worrying alert to notify entering reserve time, plus a repeated alert every five or ten minutes to remind the pilot of the status.
- persistent alarm should sound when running dangerously low on tank time or on total remaining flight time. For tank time where there is adequete fuel remaining in the other tank, the alarm may not be dismissable. For other cases, the persistent alarm may be silenced to a chirp every minute.
Useful (some manual config/action required)
- Configure fuel change time
- Configure date and time
- Scroll through log of fuel changes this flight
- Persist state across power outages (aka. store start time, start config and fuel changes in EEPROM so they can be recovered on power restored). This is useful to stop bumps that may dislodge the battery, an accidental power off, or a change of battery from interrupting an in progress flight.
- Log previous flights (duration), aircraft registration / "totals flight log"
- Allow entering fuel quantities and have the program work out the time per tank. At minimum, this could be a single screen where instead of configuring time for two tanks, you config quantity in each tank, plus burn per hour and unusable fuel. The burn per hour and unusable could be recalled from EEPROM.
- Low power mode where the user has to trigger an interupt to see the display for five seconds at a time.
- Wireless module with 7-segment display(s) to mount to instrument panel. This could show time remaining in current tank/flight, or some configurable value.