This project is completely Open Source (code) and Open Hardware (schematics, boards, parts, etc.)
ViEwMotion (View Emotion)
Real time Analysis and Display of Emotional response – derived from physiological sensors worn in a writ-band which is them interpreted by a single board computer and displayed (emoticons/emoji, neopixel display, etc.).
Facilitate communication between individuals with decreased emotional expression (facial expression, body posture, and/or vocal intonation) and those they interact with (friends, family, care givers, etc.).
There are many conditions that lead to reduced display of affect (fancy way of stating that it can be difficult to see or interpret their emotional reactions). Some of the more obvious conditions that can cause this are:
- Autistic spectrum disorders - not only do many of these individuals have difficulty reading the feelings of others but they also have difficulty expressing “on the outside” what they are feeling “on the inside”.
- Parkinson's Disease – can eventually lead to decreased facial expression
- Wrist strap (sensors, transmitter, battery)
- Pulse Sensor (photopl...) - to derive heart rate and heart rate variability
- Galvanic Skin Response / Electrodermal Activity sensor
- Temperature sensor (skin temperature)
- Bluetooth (BLE)
- small lithium cell
- Microcontroller/Single board computer
- collect data from sensors
- interpret data
- send results to be displayed
Other Potential Applications
- Data collection for research
- Interactive game design
- incorporating emotional response of player to game play
- Consumer research and marketing