My dad was going to have to move the bus or lose it so he said he would give it to me rather than loose it if I wanted. So I scrounged up some cash and paid to have it towed because I didn't have time to get it going then. Towing would have cost $400-$500 but I got a friend to do it for $120 in his big ass truck to the back of a storage place for 50 bucks a month. Provided I'm not living in it, I could come and go as I please while working on it. It sat there for about 6 months before I really did much, then circumstances dictated that I needed a new place to stay. Rather than keep renting a apt I figured it would be a solution/project to live in and convert the bus! So, fist order of business was to get the bus moveable and get all of my junk moved out of my apt. and into bus, and then get it moved to the RV place down the road. Fortunately for me, my dad was and is a good mechanic, he rebuilt the engine when he bought it and it fired right up with a little bit of time an effort. Also the key was long ago lost to the ignition so I had to pick it, it was kinda fun actually. Changed oil and did some basic checks for major problems, nothing too bad, brakes needed bleeding and exhaust is being blocked on one side from some sort of old exhaust engine preheating thermostat. Nothing that would stop it from rolling down the road after sitting for 10 years, albeit carefully. After moving the bus and my stuff I set up for my first night, pretty rough but no worse than camping. I am currently working on making the bus livable, but I do have some tech ideas rolling around.
Here's list of possibilities:
- Nixie Tubes- I love the way they look, might do part or all of dashboard with em
- Solar Panels- Free power, flexible panels for the roof
- Atmospheric Water Generator- Free water
- Cameras- Security and surveillance
- Projector- I'd like to mount it on entrance side for parties, Instead of a "drive in theater" I could have a "driving theater"
- Lasers- Turret with Camera
- Drones- I'd like a sunroof with a docking station of some kind for Quads, RCs and etc..