Why Human Powered Media?
First and foremost, to serve the needs of under-represented communities. Not everyone in the world has access to cinema, television, the internet, or even a stable power supply. From protestors living behind the barricades in Kiev to remote villages of Mexico, our bicycle powered cinema is bringing news, entertainment, and social action to places that demand off-the-grid solutions.
Everything to power a "media campfire" fits on the bike, which then becomes a stationary generator to power an event.
The bike can also serve many other purpose:
- Providing a phone charging station
- Power generation in an emergency, disaster, or power outage
- Providing off-grid power to remote outposts (the forest service uses bicycle generators)
- Educational opportunities (see what it feels like to power an incandescent vs. an LED, etc.)
- Promotional efforts, trade-shows, etc.
- Pretty much anything that involves children (kids love bicycle cinema!)
What makes this system any different?
True there are a lot of bicycle generators out there. What makes this design unique is the addition of the latest projection and energy storage technology. We have a truly portable single-operator movie theater on a bike. It can fold down and go on an airplane, attach to a standard bike rack, it fits children and adults alike, and it is powered by the audience themselves. This changes the old passive media consumption into an interactive, educational, and fun event. It truly changes the nature of watching a film to have it 100% human powered.