I just redesigned the schematic today to free up many of the IO pins on the Arduino. The PC9685 will take care of all the PWM and IO pins needed to run the Motor Controller chip and 8 servos! The Arduino is notorious for messing with a servo PWM while using the softwareSerial library (needed to send the voice messages to the text to speech converter).
Speech clips are here.
My board layout skills are not up to par enough to put a 100 pin QFP and 48 pin TSOP down reliably so I changed things up a bit and will allow the end user to buy the TTS module from www.rcsys.com or just just the servo / motor controls without voice. The current design still has the PC9685 so only 2 I2C pins are needed for all the servo and motor control.
4/3/18 Boards are on order from SeeedStudio.com Getting 10 late April/May. Will have all the surface mount components mounted by Seeed and headers will be kitted.
4/4/18 Just added pictures of Toby and his new arm and head servos. You can see my first prototype roboShield. Servos were driven direct off the Arduino and it had the Vstamp connected. I had noticed timing problems with setting the servo position and then writing with softwareSerial. The servos would jitter so That is why I changed to the servo driver IC on the new design. I will post a video of Toby soon.
Spoiler... No "speech recognition" was used making this video....