Here is a quick overview of the design:
The 3D model is fully parametric via Customizer or OpenSCAD: not only you can control the size of the clamps and their features (grooves and such) but also fit them on the most common aluminum T-slot extrusions:
- Misumi 15mm/20mm (1515 or 2020)
- 80/20 1010 1"
- MicroRax 10mm
- ... or even your own T-Slot or C-section profile.
The files include some pre-built designs as well as the generator script.
- Lift to lock! Push to release! The lever rotation during lock also tightens the clamp slightly.
- Horizontal and vertical grooves on the jaws for easy alignment.
- The nub at the end of the lever keeps it in position, also keeps it from interfering with other clamps on the same bar
- Local adjustments to make it print without supports (lack of symmetry here is by design)
One of the prints had a striking resemblance to a bird's head, so I had to put googly eyes on it: