General idea of what ELSE the M590 is capable cf
Loads of stuff that isn't published...
- Can do Internet DNS lookup of a domain name, uses the resulting IP address to connect to a FTP server and then sends or downloads files including viewing server directory contents.
- It can answer a voice-type call and send and receive DTMF tones through the connection. It can see the incoming call's number before answering.
- It can go into low-power mode (while still online) to about 2.0 mA and be woken up using the DTR line or incoming call. That's a LONG time running off a single LiPo cell.
- Can operate as a dial-up modem over a voice channel (un-researched).
- It can connect to a server with TCP , or in other words establish a live real time connection.
- You can send to it a SMS containing configuration changes for your software to process.
- And more...
Can read directories, read write files, change file names, append to files all sorts of things.
TCP/IP connection to any IP4 address, such as a PHP server. Use it for sending telemetry to a server.
Undocumented Commands = For Hacking
The M590 responds to many undocumented commands with an "OK", or does something really cool. Waiting to be discovered. ~~~A full list of M590 commands (including the undocumented ones) appear in FILES download section~~~
Here's some examples
Example1: Find out status info like battery charge level during a call
(Key to above raw data: :"battchg","signal","service","sounder","message","call","roam","smsful","gprs","callsetup","callheld","cellservices")
Get unsolicited event-driven reports during a call. Send AT+CMER: 2,0,0,2,0 and you'll get these updates.
Example2: Get mobile network status
- AT+CGED? REALLY COOL
gives response with detailed diagnostic info GSM Service Cell, PLMNs , receive and transmit levels, etc.
Example3: Read Operator names
+COPN: "22003","YUMTS, YUG03" ………
Generally speaking when hacking the commands take three main forms indicated by the last few characters.
- ? queries a setting or status
- = <setting> sets something
- =? quieries what's possible
Call the M590 number as a regular voice call. The M590 says "RING" on its TXD port, plus the calling number (if you enabled it). Send command ATH, call is rejected. Now you have a trigger for a software function without being charged for call. Such as reporting back operating status to the number that just called it.