The Blue Yeti Mic is a USB desk mic aimed at streamers apparently. Seems to get mixed reviews but that's not what Im worried about only that it no longer works.
- Just didn't work one day
- According to the specs it is a stereo mic with headphone out
- It has settings for
- Mic Pattern
- Mic Gain
- Headphone Volume
- Testing the mic
- Would connect and register with Win10 WinXP and OSX
- No Audio from mic to computer
- Audio playback worked in 1 channel
- Audio monitor function worked in 1 channel
- Mute function worked on Audio monitor
- Audio monitor works by routing the Analog Audio from the mic to the headphone Amplifier. This is an internal function of the CM6400 USB Audio chip. Mic in Pins 25 and 26 connect to HP out Pins 45 and 48 via an internal analog mixer
Just picked up another faulty Yeti, identical to the first one (rev 8), but with a different set of issues: recording only on R channel while L channel completely dead and no sound output through PC via USB or headphone jack.
The analog headphone amp and the mic(s) pre-amp circuits checked out just fine, but the signal stopped at the CM6400 ic. The firmware was NOT corrupted and the mic identified itself correctly to the computer (reflashed it anyway, just in case, but made no difference).
I replaced the CM6400 with a new one and now the Yeti works amazing, just like new !
Saabman, I am curious about your progress and maybe we can brainstorm a little bit to (hopefully) find the root cause of these CM6400 failures ( below grade USB hubs or the missing filtering on the 3.3V rail).