This project was born out of my desire to smoke less despite my total lack of will.
At first I thought of using an arduino and servos, but I knew it would take me a lot of time so I decided to make in the meantime a simple box locked by a mechanical timer.
Trying to modify a common kitchen timer to make it last 5 hours instead of 1, I realized that it was much simpler than I imagined and that it also had a lot more torque than I expected. So logically I thought "Why not do a fully mechanical machine?"
I then fixed the constraints of the project as follows:
1. The box must contain 200 cigarettes and take approximately 5 hours to deliver one.
2. It must be locked and reasonably inviolable but must unlock automatically when empty.
3. No electronics, the motor will be a mechanical kitchen timer.
4. The parts must be manufactured on spot, if possible printed, except for the timer and the hygrometer.
5. The cigarettes must be delivered to the top of the box.
Yes, I know I should better stop smoking, but looking for a technical solution is much more fun.
You can download the sketchup file here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12rOmEtr87bV79CMZ4OdLVpGeDOnCKOIz?usp=sharing