The new arms are made of 10mm plywood instead of 4mm in the first version. The frame itself is made of 6mm plywood.
The arms can be collapsed. So you can pack the copter to save space.
After the fail of the last frame I decided to make a new, stronger design. Maybe it looks not as nice as the old design. But it should be much stronger and more reliable.
OK. The very first flight was a terrific letdown. The copter crashed just from half a meter height. The 4mm plywood is obviously not the right choice for this project...
To have enough power on the motors it is necessary to distribute the accu power in a proper way. For this purpose I have milled a power distribution board on my CNC router (of course ;-) from a double sided FR4 board...
The top layer is for "+" and the bottom layer for "-"
Today I had a little time to assemble the ESC´s (Electronic Speed Controller).
Unfortunately the motor cables were a little bit to short. So I had to extend the cables.
OK. Doday I have mounted the brushless motors and checked the fitting of the accu and the flight controller. The next step is to mill a power distribution board!
OK. The parts were milled. Let´s assemble it!
All parts together not even weigh 90 grams.
First of all I needed a 3D design for the new frame.
For this task I used FreeCAD for another time. I like this software!!!