- work size: 160 x 160mm, Max. height: 25mm
- Milling-tool: Proxxon, 20000rpm
- typical milling speed: 1-5mm/sec
- max. jogging speed: 10mm / sec
- milling materials (tried so far): PCB, plastic, wood
- Stepper drivers: 3 x Big Easy Driver
- Power: USB-Hub for the arduinos and all other 5V devices, 19V 3.5A laptop power supply for the stepper drivers
- Control: two Arduino UNO; both can control the stepper drivers. One runs GRBL and can process G-code commands from the computer. The other one runs my own software and is attached to the keypad and the LCD. This arduino gives a live feedback of the machine position via the LCD, even when the other arduino took over the control.
Hardware-ToDo: Connecting the GRBL-Arduino to the border switches (was not yet necessary) but will be needed for auto-leveling
- Manual control software:
- Moving in X/Y/Z direction: different speeds and different distances. The movement can be cancelled all times. Smallest moving step is 1/20mm.
- External mode: Live-feedback of the movement controls from the GRBL arduino, Internal mode: Manual control
- Homing/max loop, present table (moving table to foremost position), border-switch test
- Memorize position when system is switched off (no idea yet how to do that)
- G-code based Bed level test and auto-leveling