FED2.0 improves on FED1.0 in the following ways:
- Smaller, cheaper, and easier to build
- More reliable pellet dispensing
- Longer battery life - FED2 should last around 2 weeks on a charge. This can be increased quite a bit with some hardware and code changes (message me if you want details) but we prioritized ease of build and use over battery life.
- FED2.0 has a screen!
TODOs, as of 3/4/18:
- Collect and upload testing data on FED2.0 (update 3/6: this test has started - see logs!)
- Create and upload operating instructions
- Create and upload troubleshooting documentation
- Create an "Operant" faceplate for FED that includes 2 nosepokes so mouse can trigger pellets based on his behavior (in progress, I'll post a log soon).
- Implement wireless data transfer to watch data in realtime (in progress using Particle Photon and Blynk for visualization).
- Work on RFID for tracking feeding from multiple subjects (this is in progress but it's more complicated than we though!)