FED2.0 improves on FED1.0 in the following ways:
- Smaller, cheaper, and easier to build
- More reliable pellet dispensing
- Longer battery life - FED2 should last around 2 weeks on a charge. This can be increased quite a bit with some hardware and code changes (message me if you want details) but we prioritized ease of build and use over battery life.
- FED2.0 has a screen!
TODOs, as of 6/01/18:
- Implement wireless data transfer to watch data in realtime (in progress using Particle Photon and Blynk for visualization).
- Work on RFID for tracking feeding from multiple subjects (this is in progress but it's more complicated than we though!)
This project was funded by the NIH Intramural Research Program (NIDDK). This project follows the terms and conditions of the MIT license (please see logs for complete license wording).