Build instructions as follows:
Connect your Arduino to the LCD Display using instructions and circuit at:
Note that I use the pins_arduino.h header to specify the GPIO pins connected the display, if you're using something other than the NodeMCU/ESP8266 you should change the LiquidCrystal initialisation pins in line 23.
Test with the hello world code to make sure you can see the text on the screen.
Next up, download the code from https://github.com/terryspitz/train/blob/master/train/train-clean.ino
Customise as follows:
1. Enter your Wifi ssid and password in lines 8, 9
2. Visit https://api-portal.tfl.gov.uk/admin, create an account, click the email it sends to verify your address, then copy and paste the app_id and app_key in line 26.
3. Visit https://api.tfl.gov.uk/swagger/ui/index.html?url=/swagger/docs/v1#!/StopPoint/StopPoint_Search to find your station / stop ID, and cut and paste into line 24.
4. If you want to filter by a particular platform, start by running the code and checking available platforms in the Serial window, then update line 27 and uncomment line 199.
5. That's it, compile and upload to your board. You may need to restart a couple of times for it the connect and display the departures. Check for Serial window for any errors.