Hub is based around the FE1.1S USB 2.0 Hub controller which is a very easy to use and was perfect for my application. The hub is able to support high speed unlike several other options for hub controllers.
- 5.1V Zener across main power rail to protect from over voltage events
- 2A PTC fuse on main power rail input
- 500mA PTC fuse on each downstream port
- 2kV ESD Protection on downsteam and upstream ports
- Port enabled LED for each downstream port
- Global hub active LED
- Solder Pad/Micro USB input options
- Stackable above or below Pi for minimal footprint
Have also had fun with some CAD modeling and was able to verify that the design would fit together before being manufactured.
List of improvements for next revision:
- Incorporate active power monitoring utilizing built in features on FE1.1S
- Main Power LED
NOTE: VBUS must be pulled high, files below indicate it is pulled to GND. Hub will be in shutdown if not pulled high.
How does this work for you when VBUSM is pulled low in your schematics? I had to pull that VCC to make it work on my #WiFi and USB for pocketbeagle