At it's core this smart mirror is made out of observation glass, the guts of an Motorola Atrix Lapdock and a Raspberry Pi 3. The components are tied together with layers of laser cut wood and acrylic. We've finished 8 sample mirror apps and have many more apps planned related to smart routines and taking selfies.
- 11.6in and 27in screens supported
- App Support and Menus
- Purpose-Built Event Handling Library
- Single Command Deployment Script
- Persistent Settings
- A consistent code pattern so that you can learn how to make your apps.
- Lockscreen App
- Wall Clock App
- Favorite Quotes App
- Tetris App
- Goodmorning! App
- Map Wallpaper App
- Screensaver Mode
- Google Calendar App
- Weather App
- Morning Outlook
- Selfie Everyday App (and find a way to integrate it with the Everyday iOS app?)
- Routine App with Todoist integration
- Oral-B bluetooth toothbrush integration to mark todo as done
- Amphiro b1 bluetooth shower water usage integration to mark todo as done
- Fitbit integration to mark todo as done
- (stretch goal) Sense by Hello integration to mark todo as done
- Bay Area Commute App (Public Transit and Drive Traffic Map).
- IFTTT Maker Channel trigger
Dreamt (ideas I'm excited about, but time expensive to prototype)
- Control the Mirror with the Amazon Echo.
- Amazon Alexa built in.
The little amount of back-end we have is written in python with flask.
Firmware for the scroll wheel is written using the Arduino Wiring framework.
A Raspberry Pi 3 running Raspbian Linux provides a full screen web browser for the mirror app.
The frame is made out of layers of MDF and feature a cavity to house the scroll wheel hardware.
There is also a layer of vinyl sticker applied to the back surface of the mirror to block light emitted by the electronics.
This open source project utilizes a lot of other amazing open source projects.
This project takes inspiration from the other amazing mirror projects on the internet. Shouts out to Evan Cohan's smart-mirror project as it was the first one I saw and it's awesome.
Hello, I downloaded your code. And now it worked in my PC. see a photo, https://flic.kr/p/GWXBTS .