Lots of water under the bridge. Since the last post! This project was born a year ago when I wanted to split a bigger board into smaller modules. I went on exploring different options, combination of modules, hardware, probes, motors, and DAQ (from STM32s to Beaglebone PRUDAQ, passing through onboard smaller ADCs), which yielded lots of interesting results. I really enjoyed exploring all of this, and really learnt a lot. Who know I'd do this when 18 months ago I didn't know anything about electronics hardware (or at least had forgotten all from the golden age of my studies?).
Anyhow, the goal here is simple. I need a stand-alone "exploring tool" to explore ultrasound systems. I have built several versions with Murgen, and have made the proof that it's possible to have a small ultrasound machine in your garage. However, I found more pleasure in building the tools and in the process of digging into the different components.. and that's what I want to explore in this project.
Hardware is basically already built: previous lessons from Murgen bring the analog front end, a hack I have can be used to emulate a probe: what remains is to remove overkills on the circuits, and SIMPLIFY everything, making it more robust and more user friendly.
The second step will be to have a good driver for the Raspberry Pi (which I believe is enough for my needs), to control the hardware, and develop a good enough server API.
So, on with this project, and see if cross-pollination works =)