According to the activity PETMAT z.ú. this project aim to reduce the plastic impact. Some other people did already work on it:
Filament making open source
- Lyman and Mulier Extruder V5 Filament maker from Washigton
- fas83 French guy making filament from recycled ABS
- 3D Printer Filament Factory Filament maker guide on instrucatbles.com
- Precious Plastic creating machines to recycle plastics, started in Netherlands
- mahor muñiz cadenas Spanish guy working on printing directly with flakes
Purchaseable versions of filament making machines
Home filament extruders on RobotRebels
- Strooder 3D
Filament from recycling companies
- b-pet Argentina company selling filament 100% made from recycled PET
- Reflow running operation is in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania - Better Future Factory go on their website, there are different projects similar to our filament maker (Refil and Lifecycle Lab)
TOOLS & PARTS YOU NEED (What we use)
details list working soon
Conception & 3D Printing
- Conception software (Solidworks - Fusion360 - Blender)
- Slicer (Slic3r)
- Printer (Veletiskárna home made printer)
Motorisation & Flakes transporting
- Motor: we are testing a new one
- Screw feeder: 14mm x 60mm drill head piece
- Bearings to hold the screw: ball bearing 3/8” ID—7/8” OD)
- Tube: 14mm or 15mm diameter
- Nozzle: we use a full nut with a drilled hole
You will also nedd:
- Pieces of wood
- Jig saw
- Screws, nuts & screw driver
- Thermostat controller (REX-C100)
- Solid State Relay (SSR 40 DA)
- Thermocouple Sensor
You can buy those three parts together.
- Tube holder
WHERE WE ARE
(for more details, refer to logs)
We are waiting a new motor.
1. Do the calibration of the heating process.
2. Produce filament.
3. Create a 2.0 version of our filament maker.
4. Share our final result.
Well done! Hope your ideas spread and become available widely. In a related vein I read about this project in the Netherlands to "overfish" the canals: https://plasticwhale.com/