We are creating a system to automate the process of folding boxes
To make the experience fit your profile, pick a username and tell us what interests you.
No Motors :(
I reduce the motor controller boards down from 5 Big Easy drivers to 4. I also made the 24 volt lines much thicker. Also a special thanks Metal for all his help and the better Quick connectors
I blew up chips on our Motor controllers
if you look at the pins below the heat sink you will see one is missing, that is because it got fried.
I have fried 3 like this so far :(
One was because of bad stepper motors. The steppers also destroyed the internals of 4 other drivers. They have been sent back and replaced. Thank you Dan for getting replacements.
One was my fault, I wired a motor to the drive wrong.
The latest time I don't know why it blew. This is of course the one bothers me the most because the unknowns are preventing us from getting more than 5 motors working in sequence.
We made the boards for all the motor drivers 15 in one big stack!
we finally have 4 motors all working together in the correct order
we made some circuit bored or the first time on the other mill. It was very satisfying. Starting we made a beak out bores to connect our 8 limit switches to a IDC 16 pin ribbon cable. We made a 4 stepper to IDC also. we got the tool and made the cable our selves and it was relay fast with no soldering.
we used KiCad to make the circuit.
total mess at first.
Become a member to follow this project and never miss any updates