• StickVise build

    SUF08/05/2015 at 04:06 0 comments

    Finally it happened. Yesterday I made it:

    And I made a video about the building. This is the first one where I'm talking, so you can see my horrible english :-)

  • Rod Arrived

    SUF07/06/2015 at 11:05 0 comments

    The longer rod for the StickVise just arrived:

    Now the StickVise based build can come...

  • StickVise Arrived

    SUF06/23/2015 at 15:59 0 comments

    Both of my StickVises arrived yesterday - as a birthday present. :-)

    I just picked up at the post office today.

    The expandable breadboard build can be started on it.

  • Plans on Stickvise

    SUF06/13/2015 at 21:13 6 comments

    As this project got Alex (creator of Stickvise) attention earlier today. I was thinking, how can I "migrate" it to the Stickvise platform. I had some ideas, what was completely wrong, but finally I think found the solution. Fired my OpenSCAD and drown something quick:

    There is two things with it:

    1. If I have a tool for bending aluminum plate, this would be even simpler.

    2. I haven't found any place the height of the aluminum bars in the Stickvise (on the drawings you can find only the height together with the jaw), so I presumed 10mm, what I'll change the correct one as it arrive.

    In addition I ordered a longer (300mm) rod from the ebay, because the supplied 200mm will not be long enough.:


  • From idea to a working thing

    SUF06/11/2015 at 03:24 0 comments

    This story is really short. Yesterday morning when I was driving to work, just pop into my mind, how can I solve my long lasting problem with the breadboards.

    Some people had crazy solutions:

    I was thinking about an easier way:

    During the day I designed this thing, just in my head. Not drawing or writing a bit. In the afternoon I just run into the store and grabbed the things I didn't had at home. The sliders, the aluminum profile and the wood (I've pinewood at home, but I didn't wanted to run into a lengthy woodworking experience).

    In the evening when everybody went to sleep, I started to work on it.

    Picked one of the three breadboards, and cut it into two pieces with my proxxon micro table saw.

    Cut the necessary FR4 boards, the aluminum profiles and the wood also. Drilled the holes into the necessary places, and screwed everything together. When it was done, glued the breadboards into its place with the original two sided tape attached into its back.

    Finished. It took around two hours.

    Probably fastest project of my life. :-)