Even if the hardware works as it should...without the right settings printing is impossible.
I will try to figure out the right settings to get the first layer right every time on every object.
If I can get a good first layer, the printing progress is a step closer to success.
I think I should start documenting the failed attempts...
For this I used the default Simplify3D settings. I only changed the global Z offset to 2mm and the extrusion multiplier to x5.
The print failed due to the travel speed of 4800mm/min was to fast for the T8 threaded rods. Because it was the first layer it was just half the speed (first layer speed default setting: 50%). The print would have failed anyway because of the 0.2mm layer height which doesn't match to a x5 extrusion multiplier.
It sounds strange but that was the best print for the last two weeks or so :)
I think that the speed has made the difference. For the last weeks I tried printing with less speed what has lead to nothing but failed prints....
So it should be the best to print not slower than needed.
In this video I used the Simplify3D default settings but changed some settings:
Nozzle Diameter 0.8mm
Extrusion Width 0.8mm
Global Z Offset 2mm
(Layer Height 0.2mm)
Extrusion Multiplier x5,5
Default Printing Speed 2400mm/min
First Layer Speed 100%
First Layer Hight 100%
First Layer Width 100%
Cooling Layer 1 45%
M106 P0 S70 (For Probing)
M106 P0 S120 (For Heating)
It seems like this settings are good for the first layer. I could print the same object multiple times successfully. But unfortunately it's only the first layer that works out. The second layer ends up in stubs of melted wire. That happens because the wire melts, but instead of fusing together with the underlaying layer, the layer next to it and also the "extruded" wire it breaks and looses the connection with the buildplate, what creates a stub. This happens every millimeter and leads to a brittle layer.
At the moment I don't know what I could do against this behavior but maybe I will find it out.....