The current stage of the project:
- Design a single capstan reducer and build a test stand for it - perform tests and improvements
- Design and build a 2Dof leg - with the knee and hip joint
- Write a python script for communication with the moteus r4.5 controllers over the USB-CAN_FD adapter
- Solve inverse kinematics and scripts for jumping and various other demonstations.
- Perform testing on the 2Dof leg - continuous jumping for 1h - inspect, iterate.
- Design and build a 3Dof leg - adding the ab/ad joint
- Perform testing on the 3Dof leg - continuous jumping for 1h between randomly chosen points.
- Arrive at the final version of the leg
- Design the chassis
- Print a mockup of the chassis before ordering the "real thing" in FR4 to verify the design
- Get FR4 parts cut for the entire robot
- Print and assemble the remaining 3 legs
- Assemble the frame
- Connect electronics
- Addapt Mjbots controll software from quad A1 to work on Stanley
- //If'll manage to do that// switch the RPi4 to an "UP board" and run the MIT mini cheetah controller